How to Determine Your Car Trade-In Value in Atlanta
When it comes time to upgrade your vehicle, no one wants to settle for less than they should on a trade-in for the old vehicle. The same goes for selling your old vehicle. However, it can be difficult to know exactly how much you should or could get out of your old car. Whether you’re looking at car trade-in value in Atlanta or you’re generally interested in how to determine your car trade-in value, you’re in the right place. Don’t let someone else dictate the terms for you—use the tools available to determine your options and decide which one is the best fit for you.
Sell or Trade: Which Is Better?
There are pros and cons to both options. If you’re considering a trade-in consider these pros and cons:
- Ease: Turning your old car into the dealer is simple and quick. No hassle.
- Down payment on a new car: You can put the money you get from your old car toward a down payment on a new one.
- Tax advantage: Many states only charge sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the price of the new car.
- Less money: You’ll get less money on a trade-in.
- Haggling involved: You’ll likely have to haggle over the price with an experienced salesperson.
On the other hand, selling your car has the following pros and cons:
- Less experienced haggling: If you’re selling your own vehicle, you’ll still have to haggle, but most likely with people who have little to no experience.
- More money: You’ll likely get more for your car.
- More effort required: Selling on your own will require more effort from you in setting up meeting times, talking to strangers, etc.
- Might have to pay more: You’ll have to pay more sales tax on a new car you buy.
- Likely have to buy a new car first: It’s likely that you’ll have to buy your new car before you can sell your old one.
Tools to Determine the Trade-in Value of Your Car in Atlanta
There are online tools available for you to use that will help you figure out what price you should get on a trade-in of your car. For example, this Kelley Blue Book tool that we use here at Roswell INFINITI, will take down the information you provide on the year, make, model, and condition of your car and give you an estimate on what you could expect to get on a trade-in.
You can also have your vehicle appraised by a dealer or two. They can usually give car owners a good idea of what they can expect on trade-in value.
Contact Roswell INFINITI
Curious about your car’s trade-in value in Atlanta? Looking to trade in your car for a new 2020 INFINITI model? Contact Roswell INFINITI to test drive any of our models and see which one is the right fit for you and your family!